OPEN CALL - Perspectivas Exhibition
09 - 23 December
Thu - Sat: 1 - 7pm
Sat 09 December 2023 - 4pm
Artly Mix - Cultural Space
Rua Pelotas 398, Vila Mariana
SAO PAULO - BRAZIL
A unique opportunity for artists to show their work in a different country without having to be physically present.
Please read the guidelines and apply below
- Open theme
- Send min. 3 - max. 5 images (from different artworks). Show your best work!
- Artworks can be in any medium, but the artworks must be in DIGITAL FORMAT, meaning that paintings, illustrations, mix-media, sculptures and other formats will have to be scanned or photographed and sent to us.
- Short films and videos of performances are also accepted but they must be under 10min long.
- Artists from all nationalities, backgrounds and of all styles are welcome to submit. Collaborations are also welcome.
- Please resize your images to 30 x 40 cm (11.81 x 15.75 inches) or square size 30 x 30 cm (11.81 x 11.81 inches) or provide the link for the videos.
- We will print and mount all the selected images in Brazil with the consent of the artists.
The artists will not have to worry about anything.
No crating, no shipping, no customs. We will take care of every detail.
Exhibiting your art in a different country could not have been easier!
- FREE Submission (send min. 3 - max. 5 images)
Only the artists who get selected will be asked to pay the participation fee in order to cover the expenses (see list below).
Participation fee (for retangular 30x40cm, square 30x30cm or short video)
- 1 artwork - £80 (around US$100)
We prefer to charge a 'Participation Fee' that will share the costs of the exhibitions with the selected artists instead of charging for a 'Submission Fee' that artists pay just to submit their work and can often be rejected. See the difference in our FAQ.
Participation Fee Includes
- Exhibition space
- Curating and organising the exhibition
- Translating from English to Portuguese
- Printing and mounting each artwork (30x40cm or 30x30cm)
- Hanging the artworks
- Videos and performances shown in a loop
- Exhibition webpage (part of this website)
- Print material (poster, labels, etc)
- Marketing and promotion
- Events/workshops during the exhibition
- Pictures of each artwork in the venue
Check how the money is spent in our FAQ.
Submit your artwork(s) in the button below.
Please check the FAQ if you have any questions.
All submissions will be reviewed and selected by the curator: Juliana Lauletta.
Artworks can be selected before the deadline.
Please note that the decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
Only the selected artists will receive the payment link by email and will have 3 days after selection to pay the participation fee and secure their spot.
Payments can be made through PayPal, Credit/Debit Card and Mercado Pago (Brazil).
SALES AND COMMISSION
No commission on sales.
We are artists ourselves and we know the importance of connecting the collectors with the artists. Buyers can pay the artist directly by PayPal and the curator will arrange the pickup with the buyer after the exhibition is over.
After submitting the form and paying the participation fee, the artists will be part of the show and we will hold their spaces. If the artist cancel close to the date, it is nearly impossible for us to schedule another artist in their place. Therefore, there are NO REFUNDS after making the payment.
Artly Mix is an artist-led, self-funded, and independent arts organisation located in the prestigious Vila Mariana neighbourhood of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We are moving to our brand new venue in August 2023.
We work tirelessly to create opportunities for artists from around the world. Since our first exhibition in 2019, we have proudly showcased the works of over 225 artists from 52 different countries.
We believe in fostering artistic diversity and providing a platform for emerging and established artists to express their creativity.
Join us on our journey as we continue to celebrate art in all its forms and connect global artistic communities.
Submission Deadline Extended: Thu 23 November 2023 (till 23:59)
Payment for the Selected Artists: Max. 3 days after selection
- Exhibition Starts: Saturday 09 December 2023 (4pm)
- Exhibition Ends: Saturday 23 December 2023 (7pm)